Monday, September 26, 2011

The Troubled Child By: William Hurley

Walking under the monkey-bars, I thought my day was perfect. Until I felt his teeth in my shoulder. Pushing the sadistic little munchkin off of me, I turn to see Patrick running across the playground. Seeing him run after attacking me makes me mad, but every day it's the exact same thing. He doesn't pick on me alone though, he picks on the majority of the population of the school. Even though most of the students report him, he seems to get away with just about everything because he's "special". Makayla, who was also in my class, was stabbed with a pen and marker, later followed by a bite all by Patrick. The horrible part about it all was that we all felt bad for Patrick. I know it isn't right to judge him, but I still felt a part of me could finally rest as he drove from the school for the last time.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, so were you the victim or was Patrick? Or was everyone the victim? - Claire Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that he was the oppressed and the oppressor. Everyone made fun of him because he was special, but at the same time, he took all that anger and used it as a violence. It went both ways. -Makayla Schilling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not special :( ..... Just kidding Will! great job on this! You used really good descriptive words and felt like I really knew the situation. Great Job
    -Patrick Nelson

    ReplyDelete