Monday, September 26, 2011

it'll all be okay #521

A beautiful sunny May day at school suddenly got darkened by taunts that flew up the stairs to greet my ears. They were aimed at Chris again, "why did it always have to be at Chris?" was one of the many thoughts streaming through my mind. Chris was autistic and had had to deal with many tormentors through all the years of school we had been through together but this was worse, I hadn't had to deal with it before. My walk slowed to a stop as my anger started to boil to the surface more purpose than ever before. For the first time in my life I had the urge to out of anger just let loose and punch the kid. Suddenly the bell rang and it all stopped as we all walked to our class. I turned back to Chris and said "it's okay, it will all be okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment