Monday, September 26, 2011

Humiliation By: Mitchell Walker #512

I entered the humid city of Houston, Texas for a prestigious water polo tournament (a great weekend became a furious flying of words directed to the back of our goalie). Although our goalie had undergone many long and burdensome practices to achieve the skill level he now possessed, the field players would scrutinize his every move (obviously not concerned with the large amounts of time he had put into this tournament, they truly believed they could surmount his abilities with their hands tied behind their backs). I was also a field player on the team and listened to scrutiny with a look of acquiescence, although inside I felt a strong disapprobation for the comments that were said. Later I felt a sense of humiliation that I had let a fear of fitting in, stand between what was right and wrong.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it too much. The real people to blame are the ones doing the tormenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post above is from Brooklynn M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Mitch. Nice word choice. -Andrew Durrant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mitch!(:<3 This is a good story. I kind of got lost in the middle, but found my way back in the end.Good word choice.-Hunter Brady Period 5

    ReplyDelete