Monday, September 26, 2011

The Boy Put on The Spot Hunter Brady Per.5

A student of Hillcrest Jr. High was being picked on by a horde of people, so I stepped in to cease and desist. The bullies happened to be making fun of him because of some regretable things that he had done in the past. They were my friends. They were screaming names and cackling at him. I asked them how they would feel if they were thrown into his shoes. They wittingly said that it would be wierd and uncomfortable. I could sense that they were trying to be funny. I didn't let the comment soak into my soul. After a few minutes of persuasion and shmoozing I finally got them to stop and leave him at ease. They left and merrily skipped to class. Afterwards I asked how he was and he exclaimed that it was not fun being put on the spot like that. He said that he felt like a circus monkey being put infront of strange, and abnoxious animals. I have a strong disaprobation towards bullying but still see it taking place everywhere I go. I take part in it sometimes and I feel terrible evertime that I do.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you actually see that it is wrong to make fun of people. GOOD JOB! :D <3 -Makayla Schilling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Hunter. Way to step in for the kid. -Andrew Durrant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word choice.Good job in admitting that you sometimes participate in these cruel acts, but it's good that you feel terrible afterwards.-Phillip Vake

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice word choice, way to display the moment. Way to not be to modest and describe your regret, also good job in realizing what was right and wrong.
    -Mitchell Walker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt like I was really in the moment with you. You used great words and a good writing style. Also its great that you know what is right and wrong. All of us have to realize it someday.
    - Patrick Nelson

    ReplyDelete