Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Hero #617

It was the kind of night that one just loves. The moon was the most beautiful of all the planets and the stars were shining so bright it was as if they were showing off. The wind was blowing and it was a perfect summer night. The girls were on the tramp with their blankets huddled up the way you hug and cuddle with your teddy bear. One of the girls whispered “She’s so weird, no one likes her.” “I know” joined another “who does she think she is?” asked another “she acts like she’s better than all of us!” contributed another until all the girls but one had broken the girl down. That’s when the hero stood up. “Let’s talk about something else.” She said. The other girls just shrugged it off as if they were brushing snow off their coats. It stuck to me though. I really wonder if she knows how much that truly meant to me how she stood up for the girl who wasn’t even there that perfect night.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting story. It makes me think of other scenarios like this one. Sadly they are greatly outnumbered by the scenarios where people did nothing or even joined in. -Alex Burns P5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wonderful story! I absolutely love how you worded the setting, it really helped to take me there. It's truly awesome that people can stand up for one another, even if the person gossiped about may never know anything was said.
    -Caitlin Coplan P5

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me of so many nights with all of my friends all together. :)

    -Jillian Brinton

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really proves a point. It's descriptive and it gives good imagery! -Mindy Jessop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you described the sky. It's SO TRUE we don't think about gossiping with our friends as hurting someone's feeling sometimes.
    -Lauren Finlinson

    ReplyDelete