Tuesday, September 27, 2011

#619

I was lying on my soft bed. My body was completely relaxed and ready to sleep. Every limb was in the right place and I could feel my heart gently pumping my blood through my veins. The quiet stillness was broken by a blood curdling scream. My whole body tensed and the peacefulness I had been soaking up, as a flower soaks up the sun, was now gone, leaving me feeling achy and tense. The scream entered my ears, reaching deep; it seemed to rip out the internal organs in them. The following noises were taunting and vindictive. I could hear my two sisters; once again. The older of the two was teasing the younger one. Now greatly annoyed, I listened, not yet willing to give up my downy bed. The words I heard were taunting and teasing. The eldest had a toy that the youngest had been peacefully playing with not thirty seconds before. The younger girl’s cry turned desperate. It was this cry that drove me nuts; not at the one emitting it, but the one provoking it. The eldest was bored and to fill her time she teased. I flew out of bed. My blood was hot, rushing through my veins now; fast, boiling, and furious. My anger residing as I came upon the scene, I somewhat calmly solved the problem. Upon returning to my bed and through the frustrating minutes that followed I could never seem to go back to that small, quiet, warm, blissful place again that day.

3 comments:

  1. This always happens to me babysitting. Siblings are great at destroying peace! -Misty Schumann P:6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the words you chose and how you used them added up to a very enjoyable read! And I can definitely relate to this, unfortunately.
    -Caitlin Coplan P5

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me a lot! I love how descriptive you are. -Erika Pehrson P6

    ReplyDelete