Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Social Outcast #613

Walking alone, left from the crowd, the social outcast. The pain of needles stabbing into my neck as the cold December winds start for the evening. Walking home with whom I thought were my friends, turned out to be my enemies. The new girl walked with us today, loved by everyone, it was obvious she didn't think I fit in. Occasionally they would glance back at me, I thought they were looking at me to make sure nothing had happened and I was okay, boy was I wrong. Each time they faced the front again, many would burst out in laughter, others would laugh while looking and pointing at me, as if a was a joke. I couldn't handle anymore laughter, I became determined to find what was so funny. Asking them a question was like talking to a wall, no response. The winds became stronger and brought a bigger chill, with no jacket and still a long way home, I needed to talk to my friends. Walking up to them is terrifying, trying to stand confidently and not breaking down. I approached them and all they could say was nasty things. Things like " You don't belong with us,""You were born an accident,"" Your clothes look like they were made of trash." That was the least of it, my friends never even stood up for me, I was the new loser of the school. They never gave up the insults until I was at my house. Already in tears and had no courage to tell them "bye" or "I'll see you tomorrow." My life crumbled that day walking home, my family seeing me in tears that night ruined my self-esteem even more.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that sounds awful. Stay strong I am sure you are a great person and friend.- Brooklynn M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must have been horrible. I am so sorry, I was a new student once and know how you felt thinking you will never belong anywhere but things get better. -Diana V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry! Being the new student is not fun but if you stay true to who you really are then you will find a friend that will like you for who you are.
    -Briana EvertsenP5

    ReplyDelete