Monday, September 26, 2011

The helpless boy Race Mendenhall

The boy was being cruelly harassed by the vicious group of lions. I just stood there and watched like a cacti in the desert heat. The boy seemed to be struck in the heart with a knife every word the kids said to him. He struggled to ignore them, but they kept on saying things to hurt him even more. Still I stood and watched, doing nothing to help the little hopeless creature. At long last the group got tired of beating on the kid and left him torn to pieces. The boy swallowed his pain and walked off like nothing had happened. As I think about what happened that day, I feel as if I had missed my chance to change somebodies life. Next time I will step in to stick up for someone.

1 comment:

  1. Great word choice and description Race it was great and I was able to visualize what was happening!
    - Bobbie Wilde

    ReplyDelete