Monday, September 26, 2011

To Pick on Everett - #522 (5th period)

In the halls of Hillcrest Junior High there is the one on only Everett. If his name is heard once people will immediately groan and whine. People think he is the nastiest vermin that walks through these halls. I would agree with all of these people, but I knew who he really was. Every year there is a neighborhood social around where I live. This year Madi decided to come to the party. She doesn’t like Everett at all. While we were sitting up on the hill that over looks down on the party. I noticed that Everett was walking up. “Great. Here he comes.” Madi said. “I can’t stand him”. It was that moment in time when I realized why everybody dislikes him.

As Everett came closer to Madi decided that she wanted to have a little ‘fun’ with him. She started saying all kinds of mean things like “where is your girlfriend. Oh wait, you don’t have one. Who would want to go out with you”? I could tell that these twisted words really tormented him. A few minutes later Zach and Andrew came up and started to wrestle with Everett. I realized that his art booklet had flown across the grass. I ran over to pick it. I looked inside and realized that he is a good artist. This made me gain my respect back for him. I no longer believed all of the things people were saying about him.

It isn’t fair that people judge somebody just because they think they act weird. They don’t know what goes on in their home life. Witnessing all of these things was really sad because I have been instantly labeled when people don’t even know who I really am.


(P.S. names have been changed to keep the real people anonymous)

No comments:

Post a Comment