Monday, September 26, 2011

#55

I drifted into the wall as I completed my length. I awaited my peers to complete the length. The person behind me came to a halt and paused to take a breath. I glanced over to lane on my right. I saw that they were finishing up as well. We had just completed our set and now waited for our coach to give us a new one. I enjoyed the time between sets because it was a peaceful and relaxing time. I took a peek over at the lane to my left. Which was anything, but peaceful and relaxing. I have never enjoyed swimming near this lane because it is usually full of people of people who always seem angry and contentious. One of the boys in that lane started yelling at a girl in a few lanes over. Usually what he was saying would have been taken as a joke from a friend, but I could tell by what she was yelling in return that she wasn't enjoying it. I sat by and listened. I really didn't want to defend the person because I knew he would turn on me. That would draw unwanted attention to me and possibly to the people around me, so I held my tongue. Eventually he calmed down once the time came for us to go home, but I'm sure he will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment