Tuesday, September 27, 2011

#620

The breeze was swaying the evergreen trees. My thoughts tossed and turned, as I looked towards the blazing sun. Somehow everything twisted and related to my ever taunting moment of shame. I looked down at my feet counting the stairs, they continued until I felt as if I had no strength left in me. I look up; I glanced in every direction, confused and alone with no knowledge of where to go. I turned my head to a slight angle and saw a boy soar away from a man twice his size. I frantically ran in fear; as I continued to witness this boy of no more than 12 get emotionally tortured. Terrible words were thrown at him from every angle as he was pinned against a wall as if he were a flyer tacked to a billboard. I had one moment of eye contact and as I looked into those deep blue eyes I saw an innocent boy pleading for my help. I wanted to do something with all my heart, but I couldn’t move. I walked away and never saw that boy again. I’ve always hated myself for doing that, and if I could do it over again, surely I would.

2 comments:

  1. Doing it all over again. Sometimes I feel that way too. But don't dwell on what you didn't do, you might miss an opprotunity to make something right for someone else. Act. Be strong. Stop thinking and start doing. That may be all the "doing it all over again" that you need. -Alex Burns P5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Like alex said stop thinking and start doing! -Janicka

    ReplyDelete