Friday, September 23, 2011

The Other Boy in Seminary, #62

"After a short time, the jeering and teasing stopped and was forgotten by all but him." Nice quote but not entirely what happened. Who should know better than the friend of the teased. To begin with, it was a bright, sunny day. I actually almost looked forward to the walk home. The Seminary teacher's mother had died the last weekend, and he had informed us the day before that day we wouldn't see his car in the parking lot tommorow and the next day. So, I didn't find it peculiar that a bright yellow SUV took up the spot previously held by the teacher's modest car. The substitute's personality, to say the least, matched her car. A lot more gentle than the color, perhaps, but still eccentric. This gentleness resulted in an outbreak of complete chaos. Everything that she said went on a journey through the boy in Seminary's torturer's ears and out the others. The torturers had started that period on different sections of the room, and the boy in Seminary sat behind one. Torture began when the two sat next to each other, in front of that boy. This was to his deep displeasure,of which I could tell from looking at eyes down and watch the minute movements of his fist, as it clenched and unclenched. He then requested to move, and poorly chose his spot. He sat near a girl. Actions like this are what those torturers lived for. They then bothered him by insisting "You have a cruush!" as he turned down their pesterments with a deadly glare and a taciturn mouth. If there is one thing that the boy in Seminary and I hate more than anything else is disrespect. After that period, the nagging kept on coming. The worst thing though, is that I, his friend, during that entire class period, did nothing

6 comments:

  1. why are you criticizing my entry instead of just making your own

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, I really don't understand why it was necessary to criticize his post, and you said that that is not what happened, but according to your post it sounds like that was what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not criticizing your post, I am just saying that as that kid's friend, he was not the only one not to forget. I am not criticizing anyone's post, just adding that I was that kid's friend, and it hurt me to watch that friend get hurt. There was a substitute, that I remember clearly because I usually look forward to how Brother Merrill teaches Seminary, seemingly without any effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your experence! Great job at explaining. Seminary is the best! Way to be.

    -Sarah Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I feel really bad for the kid that got bullied in seminary of all places! It is supposed to be a place of saftey but I guess all harbors from the storms of life have to have their weeknesses.

    Natalie Pyper

    ReplyDelete