Friday, September 23, 2011

The Fat Kid - Makayla Schilling Period: 6

The teasing and taunting was a part of my horrifying school days that I had to endure five times a week. I had heard every fat joke in the book. I hid my sadness as well as I could so no one would know how harmful their words were to me. They stung as the hit me with a full on blast. As a younger child, I was much bigger in size than all of the other kids (even those who were older than me). To try and get rid of the filthy feeling of being called mean names, my group of friends and I would go out and have some fun. Even they couldn’t stop the cruelty I received everyday as an innocent first grader. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. It was fitness day, the day that every teacher and student dreaded. It was a boot camp gone wrong, only to see that the victims were the whole first grade. Everyone knew that fitness and I didn’t have a very good history with each other. “Hey, Colton,” the boy in my class screamed, “Look at Makayla. She can’t even do a pull-up. Isn’t she your fat neighbor?” All of his buddies laughed making the boy look like some comedian. Their laughs wrung through the old building bouncing back and hitting me right in the face. The sweat from my hands let my drop down from the bar that haunted me. I marched my way over, to give that boy a piece of my mind, I was stopped. It was Colton who had halted me in my path. Before I could hit the boy, like I planned, Colton had gotten between us and he had beaten me to it. THWACK! I was walking away, but then I saw a big fist from the corner of my eye. It had targeted the boy’s chest. As the boy covered his new red spot, he yelled, whined, and groaned. Colton gracefully walked away as if he did nothing. He may not have been my knight in shining amour coming to whisk me away from evil, but for now, he is just some kid in my neighborhood who did a good deed. Even though he had to sit through two grueling days of lunch detention, he will never be forgotten.

3 comments:

  1. This is an interesting story. I hope you always realize that there are always people looking out for you. Strangers, friends, occasionally even enemies. I like the courage in this story. Stay strong.
    -Karli Pd.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad Makayla but just remember you are an amazing person and so many people love you! Don't forget. ;)-Diana Valenzuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the word choice the way you told the story put a picture in my head and reminded me of elementry- Ammon Mills pd.1

    ReplyDelete