Friday, September 23, 2011

#17

The fog disables my eyesight as I walk down the paved road. There are no cars. I feel peaceful as the mysterious train quietly chugs off. The mist is cold and feels like steam from a humidifier. It's calming and like a piano playing a soul touching piece. I see a light, I follow as the mist slowly separates like the red sea that Moses and his followers crossed. As I get to the light I see a derelict restaurant. The mysterious building looks lonely. I enter and go to the front desk. A cryptic looking man stares at the me. The look in his eyes were full of warmth. I was finally sheltered from the hair tickling fog outside. The awkward silence was broken when the man said, "would you like hot chocolate"? Should I take this mysterious mans offerings I wonder? He looks like a trustworthy man. Not knowing what to do I cautiously take the hot chocolate. As I drink the warming, soothing, and delicious hot chocolate the chill in my body slowly departs . I get the impression that this has all happened before. Right at that moment everything turns into mist. Bright lights alter my mind as I slowly wake up to my dreadful alarm clock. Oh how I wish that dream would never end only if the mind calming dream would never end. I slowly wake up to reality as the boring school is about to begin. I can't wait till the night comes when my mind is opened to imagine once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment