Monday, September 26, 2011

Basketball Hero #622

Have you ever had a time where you wanted to react to something so bad that you wanted to help? Well this is one of those times for me. I was watching my little brothers at a park, it was a scorching day in the vast summer. I looked over at a building where there, a huge crowd of people pointing and and laughing hysterically. I took my brothers hands and walked over to the crowd so fast that I think my brothers were flying off the ground. I tried to shove through the crowd with elbows flying in my face. I got to the front of the crowd, there was a little Fifth grade girl I knew when I was in Fifth grade, she had her head in her arms sobbing because of mental abuse from the other kids. I halliard and yelled as loud as I could when I told the kids to back off and leave her alone.

The kids walked off slowly but surely. I felt so sorry for the little girl. I asked what happened and she said,” I tried being their friend and asked if I could play basket ball with them. They said yes, but I made a mistake in shooting the ball and broke a window in that building. They started laughing and told me that i was a loser at basketball." I then felt really bad for her, so I helped her up and told her it would be okay. I tough her how to shoot the ball to make it in the hoop. She tried it again and again. She was making a basket every time she shot the ball. The people that were pointing and laughing were amazed with their mouths open wide with drool coming out and their mouths went as dry as a dessert because of amazement. From then on they asked her to play basketball with them, but she rejected them because of how they treated her. That's my story of how i became a Basketball Hero.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good job. We need more of people like you! Standing up for someone is hard but definitely worthwhile.
    -Janelle

    ReplyDelete