Tuesday, September 27, 2011

#64

“You know Haylee?” a bunch of girls asked me. Of course I did, but I didn’t want to say anything. I just knew they wanted to gossip about her. “Well… Do you?” the one main girl asked again. “Yes,” I said, “I do. What about her?” “Haylee is the definition of Molly Morman. She doesn’t ever have fun, and she takes things way too seriously.” Then just like that, all of the other girls started talking bad about her. The main girl’s comment just begged her friends to say more rude things. After a while of this, I stood up for Haylee. I told them with conviction, “Haylee is a sweet girl. She has many things going for her. It is so unfair and mean to judge someone like that. Please stop!” I can remember, like it was recently, the looks on their faces. They looked shocked and surprised I said something like that to back her up. I was almost wondering the same thing. Honestly, I feel that something took over me that day.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate 100% Great job doing what is right! That shows the type of person you are!
    -Riley Richmond P6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in situations like this too many times to count! I'm glad you could have the courage to stand up and tell them how you feel!
    -Caitlin Coplan P5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! You did the right thing! When you do things like this you will have more people wanting to be your friend because they will know that you will stick up for them!
    -Briana Evertsen P5

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to stick up for this girl it put a almost like movie into my head it was great-Ammon Mills

    ReplyDelete