Tuesday, September 27, 2011

#61

Will the laughing ever stop? It taunts from all directions. I’ve always been cautious. How could it have come to this? If only he hadn’t noticed or at least hadn’t said anything. I thought I hid it so well. I look around at the mocking faces for any one that I could reach out to for help, but the taunting just continues with no sign of rescuing. I don’t know what to do. The burning in my faces gets warmer, telling me that I know look like a bright tomato. My instinct is to do the thing I was born to do, run. I’ve ran from everything in my life; I haven’t been able to stand up to anything. That might be the big reason why this treacherous moment has fallen upon me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I wish nobody had to run from people, not just for physical, that heals quickly, but from verbal whose scars are invisible. - Claire Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad I am so sorry this ever happened to you.
    You used really good words you made me go there and feel sad, you made me realize how much it happens and how many times I have said nothing.
    Good Job.-Diana Valenzuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think every one has been in this situation. Not really knowing what you can do, or who you can go to for help. Its hard!

    -Jillian Brinton

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good thing to write on! It was written very well and is all around really good!-Mindy Jessop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though we don't know what happened to you, I still feel like I'm in your shoes as I read through the paragraph! Good job!
    -Lauren Finlinson

    ReplyDelete