Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Phillip Vake Period 2

Dear Uncle Tom,

You are a great Christian and person to be around. How do you maintain such kind and nice actions in an environment where no one sees you as a human being? It is amazing to see someone who has been treated with no kindness and respect and still be kind and respectful to even those who treat you like the ground they walk on. You have taught me to look on the bright side of everything, even when things are the complete opposite. I hope you know you have impacted the way I act and treat people, even if they are not the same color or race. Do you miss your family? I wonder if you suffer secretly; if I were sold and taken away from my family life, life would be meaningless, but because you are such a good Christian you turn to the Lord. That has made me want to follow in your foot steps.

As much as an influence you have given me, the right thing to do is send you back to your family as a free slave. What will you do if you go back home? When you leave I want to stay in close contact with you because you have affected everyone you came into contact with, especially me. When you leave back home to your family I want you to live a happy Christian life. Where will you and your family go after you are free? If you have no where to go that is safe you can come to our house and seek shelter. We will provide you with beds, baths, and food. After you and are family are replenished we will help you escape to the northern States or Canada.
Love,
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment