Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Advice Column

By Janelle C.

To: Eva
From: Tom

Dear Eva,
How I miss your loving praise and adoration for everyone. Your glowing, angelic face in the window, waiting for me to come home. Just seeing you seemed to make the day brighter and the air sweeter. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting on the bench by the lake or picking flowers from the garden. Oh, how I miss those days! Your loving father has also passed on recently. But you two have moved on to the next life and left the rest of us here on this Earth. Missis has sold us slaves to different masters. I have gone to a cruel and unusual master who believes in extremely brutal treatment of his slaves. All the slaves here have grown up enduring this harsh treatment and they themselves became harsh. I have faltered many a time and wonder if it's worth it anymore. I know I should keep on believing, but sometimes my faith has wandered off to dead ends. One question has been circling my mind for quite some time now. How do I hope, dear Eva, when there is no hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment