Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Katy Moore p. 2

Dear Uncle Tom,
I can't even begin to imagine the extreme pain you must feel everyday. You've been beaten, bruised, abused, taken away, abandoned. Words must not be able to describe what thoughts go through you every single day. I hardly deserve the ability to ask you for advice on life, but from the way you look at it, I can't think of anybody else that would understand even in the slightest. My outlook on the things that have happened to me, may not be wonderful in your thinking. But after all of the things that life has dealt out to me I have no other way of feeling. My heart is empty, I have no reason to feel love for another human being ever again, because whenever I do that person is brutally ripped away from me. Whenever it seems like things might be veering off towards the right path, my path is turned the opposite direction. How do you do it? How do you live knowing that you will probably never see those you love ever again in your life, that you are brutally abused, hurt. How do you go on believing in a God that the rest of us slaves feel has abandoned us, for the whites who are obviously more superior. How do you go on not feeling inferior to everyone else around you. This secret, seems to be the secret to forever being happy. I respect the beauty that glows all around you, and thank you for your time of listening to my ranting.
Thank you for everything.
Topsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment