Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Advice Column: James Riches p.2

Dear Eliza,
I havent heard from you in what seems like ages. If it wasn't for that mean Mr. Haley we would still have you and little Harry around. Uncle Tom is gone as well. It seems as though all good things must come to an end. Without a husband to take care of the kids, I don't know what to do with my life right now. So I set on a track to buy back Tom's freedom. Now I am working for a baker in Loisville. I could make two hundred and eight dollars in a year! All that hard work though will mean a lot of stress. What if he doesn't pay me though? Oh why did you have to run away? I know that you had to save your son, but it seems like the one time I need your advice the most your off to Canada. I have to save my husband, but Im afraid that it will take a couple years to save up the money. By that time he could have been forced to marry another woman, and he could have forgotten about me. Please return this letter with some sweet advice to what I should do.

Love,
Aunt Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment