Thursday, May 19, 2011

Advice column Janicka Bentz period 4

Dear Mr. St. Clare,
I have heard some things that you are a very successful and popular slave owner. Well I am the opposite but somehow the same as you. I treat my slaves like they were my own but I give them so much free-Time that they just make my plantations look as if I had no slaves. I don't give them nice clothes I sometimes wip them but that is to only show them that the only way I can treat them well is if they work. How do you keep your slaves well worked and still make money?
I also have 2 slaves that are very religious. They are kind and loving but they are making it hard for others to stay at work. Doesn't matter how many times I wip them they still keep it cool and they do have faith that one day they will escape. If one day they think they are smarter and have more courage than me I am afraid they will escape one day. They do read their Bibles to themselves on their "Freetime." Then the others join in and share their thoughts of the creation and afterlife. I am afraid that this will ruin their fear of death, which is my main weapon on them. If you have any helpful suggestions that would be great.

~Janicka bentz

No comments:

Post a Comment