Thursday, May 19, 2011

Advice Column: Alex Burns 4th Period

Dear Mrs. Shelby,

I have grave news. Tom, along with the others are being sold! Augustine is dead! He was stabbed with a bowie knife- Lord bless his soul! He was in the middle of the paperwork for Tom's freedom too! I just don't know what to do! Marie refuses to finish the papers. Claims she is too traumatized to do anything! She is so selfish! Headache this, feverish that- Lord what will I do! Tom is impassive as always, but I can see in his dear old heart how much this has taken toll on him! I have been so frantic, Topsy has been taking care of me- blessed child! If there is anyway that you can buy Tom before the auction, please do! It was sweet Eva's dying wish- bless her innocent heart! Now it may never be fulfilled!

I am going home with Topsy in a few weeks. No use being here now that St. Clare is gone, and I'd hate to stay with Marie any longer! Please, if you have any advice as to what I can do for old Tom, please write back quickly! His life and freedom may depend upon it!

-Miss Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment