Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kurt Healy Advice Column

Mr. St. Clare,

Word has gotten out that you are a fairly successful slave owner and you somehow manage to create a loving environment for your slaves. If you have not heard I am quite different from you. I go through slaves like crazy and my plantation looks like crap. I have tried methods where I'm kind, provide plenty of food and nice clothes but I didn't make a profit. Also slaves can be extremely lazy, the only way to make them work is the fear of being whipped. How do you afford to keep the same slaves, treat them kindly and still make money?
I also have a very religious slave. He is kind, loving but also causing problems. He defies me in front of other slaves. Which may have a negative influence on the other slaves. If they get the idea in their heads that they are stronger and can defy me, there may be a slave uprising on my plantation. He reads his bible to himself and other slaves telling them about the creation and the afterlife. I fear that this will ruin their fear of death, which is my main weapon.
Any help would be great.

Sincerely,
Simon Legree
Kurt Healy Period 4

No comments:

Post a Comment