Thursday, May 19, 2011

Andrew Durrant advice column

Dear Tom,
I have heard that you were sold down south after your previous master died. I have been feeling ashamed of selling you to Mr. Haley and tearing you away from your family. Sometimes I feel so ashamed of seeing how desperate Chloe is to buy your freedom and how unlikely it seems that we will be able to buy it. Chloe is still extremely determined to work long hours to eventually buy back your freedom and I feel horrible for starting that. I know that you have still kept faith in the Lord and that he will take care of you. I am also sure that you have continued to be faithful to whomever your master may have been.
Once again please forgive me for making the terrible mistake of selling you and tearing you apart from your family. I have seriously regretted it and have missed your trustworthiness. I don't know how i'll ever be able to forgive myself for doing such a terrible thing. I pray that you will be able to be strong and to be patient. I will work diligently to buy your freedom as soon as possible, but I cannot see how i will be able to forgive myself. Please try to respond if you can and give me advice on what I can do to help you or your family in anyway.

Sincerely, Mr. Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment