Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Advice Colomn-Mindy Jessop p.4

My dearest Eva,

It has been very hard without you lately. Although we do not live with each other I still think of you constantly. I remember that day we went riding together, and you asked me the one question that I cannot get out of my head; “Would you think you were well off, if there were not one creature in the world near you to love you?” I’ve asked myself that question every day since I last saw you. I really have tried to improve the way I treat my slaves, which are now my friends. I even tried talking my father into giving Dodo his freedom. My father though I had gone completely sambo or insane! My father has even told some of our neighbor friends and their sons have called me such nasty names that I wish not to repeat them. I have confidence in myself no more without your support. I have started attending our church and have found much comfort there. It is as almost I feel you sitting there right next to me. It brings me much joy. Eva I really do need you now more than ever. I feel as if I have completely failed you.

Yours sincerely,

Henrique your cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment