Tuesday, May 17, 2011

advice column: Josie Harris P.2

Dearest Eva,

Your mother is in great mourning because of your death as well as your father's death and it is driving me insane. All I hear about is how she feels the most sorrow and pain. How did you learn to deal with her? What would be your advice for me? Should I just ignore her and let her complain or should I tell her to shut her mouth (in a polite way of course)? The servants and I miss you with all our heart but it frustrates us to hear how we do not feel sorrow and that we don't understand how it feels to loose someone. Your mother makes me want to vomit all over her bed.
Unfortunately I think she can sense how disliked she is by all of us, and as revenge she is going to sell every single slave on this farm. Oh, Miss Eva how do I convince her not to sell the slaves? She doesn't understand how wrong slavery is. I wish she was smart, sweet and kind like you but she is not so I need your help. I am going to talk to her in the morning so please help me and bless me so that I will say words that will make her change her mind and at least keep the slaves.
Don't forget how much you are loved here on earth Miss Eva and please help us.

With all my love,
Ms. Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment