Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Laura Strobell 2nd per.

Der missis Cassy,
I's sure hope your not mad at me for putin' that cotton in your bag the other day. It's juss that this 'ere plantation is so creul I juss can't bare it. Ev'ry ones so mean to their neighbor it juss aint Christian. I fear that that poor misser Legree is the heart of it all. If any one knows how bad he is its you. Hes rubbed off on all the slaves here and this plantation juss can't get any worser.
I's got to tell you somethin'. We's not suppose' to talk about religion and God 'round here so that's why I's 'ritin' to you. The reason why these peoples actin' so bad is juss 'cause theys don't know who Jesus is. If We's juss help 'em know Jesus loves us and died for us there ain't no way theys can be bad. I thinks God done gone and sen' me here to help yous all be happy and love the lord.
I knows you know who the lord is so you juss gotta trus' him. He knows what best for yous and me.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment