Thursday, April 26, 2012

Romeo and Juliet: Act 1 Scene 5 Mindy Jessop

Romeo. If I touch your hand with my unworthy hand I will have to commit a sin with it. My lips are like blushing pilgrims that are ready to smooth out the rough with a kiss.
Juliet. Oh silly pilgrim! Don't doubt your hands too much because saints have hands that touch pilgrims hands. That makes me a saint and you a sinning pilgrim! Palm to palm is a holy kissed shared.
Romeo. Well saints have lips and pilgrims also have lips. So shouldn't they share a holy kiss?
Juliet. Sorry, but pilgrims need their lips more for praying and/or repenting.
Romeo. Oh but please let lips touch like hands! Turn to despair and leave your faith momentarily while with me.
Juliet. Saints do not take action so they won't have to repent.
Romeo. Then don't take action while my prayer/wish comes true. I must sin! [Kisses her.]
Juliet. Now I must sin after that!
Romeo. Oh I must sin again much sweetly as if I were Zac Effron! [Kisses her.]
Juliet. You literally take the words out of my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment