Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Colliquial Translation by Karli Maynes pd. 1

Romeo. You're too good for me, but I want to do something bad. I want to kiss you.

Juliet.  Boy, you do bad things too much. Instead of kissing, we could hold hands. That is just as good as a kiss.

Romeo.  No it's not.

Juliet. Yes it is, and lips are not for kissing, they are for talking.

Romeo. Fine, but I have a better idea. We could hold hands with our lips.

Juliet. No, lips are for talking.

Romeo. We will talk with our lips together.

[Kisses her.]

Juliet. You just made me do something bad.

Romeo. Really? Lets do it again.

[Kisses her.]

Juliet. You kiss very well.

Nurse. Juliet, your mom wants to talk to you.

Romeo. Who's her mom?

Nurse. Sir, she is the hostess. She lives here. She's a good woman. I raised her child. Any man to have her will be very happy.

Romeo. Is her last name Capulet? Oh, no! I am her enemy.





No comments:

Post a Comment