Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Romeo and Juliet Scene 2 Act 2 #522

Romeo! Romeo! Why are you a Romeo?
I won't listen to my father about the Montagues because YOLO!
Pretend you're not a Montague and I'll pretend to not be a Capulet.

Are you going to say more or can I speak now?

It is only your last name that my family hates.
You are Romeo, not Montague.
I mean, what the heck is Montague? It isn't a hand or foot
Not arm or face, or any other part
that is on a man or woman. Oh, please have a last name!
What is in a name? That we call a flower
Any other last name would smell so sweet but since you're a Montague it sounds like death.
So Romeo, if that wasn't your name,
Own that dear perfection that you own.
Without the last name Montague. Romeo is your name,
And for the name, that is no part of you,
I will take myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment