Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Romeo and Juliet, Act 2 Sc. 2 #61


Romeo: He mocks something he knows not of.
Juliet is as beautiful as the rising sun. Rosaline only wishes she could be as beautiful as you. Here she is! The woman I love! She is saying something, but I am too preoccupied with her beauty to know what. Oh, she is as beautiful as the stars in the night sky! I wish I could be up there with her!
Juliet: Oh my!
Romeo: Keep talking, because I think you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen.
Juliet: Why are you Romeo Montague? If you were anybody else, I could go out with you in public!
Romeo: Should I answer, or smile and nod so she can keep talking?
Juliet: If you were not my enemy, my parents would approve of this. You are not, however, a Montague. You are Romeo, the man I love! Again, if were were someone else, I could go out with you in public! You don't need to be a Montague to be Romeo. Forsake your family for me.
Romeo: As you say it, I am no longer a Montague.
Juliet: What will your new name be?
Romeo: I don't know. I hate my name because I can't be with you.
Juliet: You aren't making any sense. Are you Romeo or a Montague?
Romeo: Whatever you would like me to be.
Juliet: Why are you here? If anyone sees you, you're dead.
Romeo: I will go wherever you are, because I love you.
Juliet: You don't understand, they'll kill you.
Romeo: Your beauty is more dangerous than the lot of them.
Juliet: I hope they don't see you, for your sake.
Romeo: I'll be here as you are here, for I love you.
Juliet: How did you find me?
Romeo: Love led the way
Juliet: Is it love or lust? Prove to me it is love.
Romeo: What shall I swear by?
Juliet: Nothing. I have to go. Good night!
Romeo: Don't go!
Juliet: Good night!
Romeo: Please, no!
Nurse: Juliet!
Juliet: I have to go!
Romeo: But I love you!
Juliet: What time will we meet?
Romeo:9:00 a.m.
Juliet: I'll be there!
Romeo: Good night!

1 comment: