Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Carleigh Penrod p.5

Ray Bradbury's book, Fahrenheit 451 was unique and interesting, however I found it hard to follow. Bradbury was very creative with his inventions such as the "ear bees" and "walls", but I think he could have done a better job getting across the role of the "Mechanical Hound". The morals and themes in this book were incredible, and it's exactly what our society needs. I felt as if I was looking through a giant window into the future. Another thing I enjoyed was Bradbury's great use of words. He didn't use ordinary words like "smart" or "sad" or "dull". In place of these words were descriptions such as "intellectual" "melancholy" or "featureless". Bradbury also used great imagery, putting moments into a different perspective. Questions I would like to ask him are "Where did you come up with things like the 'ear bees' and 'walls'?" or "Why did you choose for Montag to destroy Beatty?" This book was interesting, and required a lot of thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment