Friday, March 2, 2012

Hybrid Letter #518

Dear Ruth May,
My name is Jean Louise, but most people just call me Scout. Atticus told me you and your family are livin in the Congo. I think that place sound right fascinatin, with all the native rituals and what have yous. I've never been to a jungle, what's it like there? I heard it's real dangerous with all the snakes a'slitherin around, wantin to take a bite outta folk. Even some big cats like ones you read about in nature magazines. I think it'd be mighty fine to go adventurin with you one day in the Congo. I sure hope you wouldn't mind me takin my brother Jem and Dill with me. I know they wouldn't wanna miss it for the whole world. Or maybe when your family comes back to the United States we could play pretend games here in Maycomb. I hope you can write me back soon and tell me about all the adventures you're havin in the Congo.
Your Truly,
Scout

No comments:

Post a Comment